Bisoprolol is a medication that works of receptors located in the heart to lower the user’s blood pressure. More specifically, the medication slows down you heart rate in order for your heart to exert lesser effort and relax you to lower your blood pressure. It is also known to reduce activity of the sympathetic nervous system.
Bisoprolol is classified as a beta blocker which is a classification of drugs which inhibit beta1 and beta 2 receptors to help regulate the irregular pumping of the heart. With that said, aside from decreasing blood pressure, bisoprolol also addresses other conditions such as arrhythmia or irregular heartbeat.
Pros and Cons
- Bisoprolol is a drug that effectively reduces heart rate both at rest and during exercise.
- The drug relieves patients of hypertension and treats the condition
- Bisoprolol can be used either alone or together with other antihypertensives which makes the medication a very dynamic one
- Less likely to cause bronchoconstriction since it is a cardioselective medication that uses low dosages and target heart receptors
- Less likely to cause fatigue and cold extremities also as compared to other drugs classified under the same category
- Even though the medication has low dosages, it can be taken once a day only and is a very affordable drug
- Can only be taken by people aged 18 to 60 years old
- Side effects include headaches, dizziness, diarrhea, allergies, and low level fatigue
- Not recommended for people experiencing bronchospastic disease
- Also not recommended for peopl who are treating diabetes as it may cover up symptoms and indications of the disease, particularly heart activity
- Not suitable for other people who are also experiencing liver or kidney problems
- Although the medicine can be taken without food, a decent meal before taking the medicine is still recommended as the medication’s side effects may cause a lack in appetite due to dizziness
- Should you feel the need to stop taking up the medicine, be sure to consult the doctor first for a proper and safe exit from the drug
- The medicine is only taken once a day and as much as possible try to take the medicine at the same time everyday
- Maintain your blood rpessure accordingly and monitor your condition yourself in order for you to know if the medicine is working or if you should need to increase the dosage of the medicine.
- Shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, numbness, pain, and cold feeling are lethal effects of the medicine so should you expereince them, act accordingly by consulting a physician
- Plan when to take the medicine and take into account the possible duration of the side-effects.
Convinced? Buy bisoprolol here.