Anabolic and anabolic-androgenic steroids are common names used for referring some variants available in the market today. The term “anabolic” in the name anabolic steroids stands for the muscle building properties of the supplement.
Steroids and Medical Use
Many medical issues are treated with the usage of anabolic steroids, which are employed in certain dosage level. The issues such as growth hormone deficiency, delayed puberty, loss of tissues in muscles because of some diseases such as HIV-AIDS and cancer are the problems that are treated using steroid supplements.
Consumption of Steroid Supplements
The anabolic steroids are usually taken in oral form. The oral form of the supplement includes pills, tablets, powders and liquids, etc. Some are injected into the muscles directly and such supplements are available in the form of injection. Some supplements are applied over the skin layer and such supplements are available in the form of cream and gel.
Steroids and Bodybuilding
If you are thinking about using the steroid supplements as the way of increasing your bodybuilding stamina, then it is suggested not to, as they are bad for your health. Even though you are a consistent user, there are more chances of you suffering from severe side effects by taking steroid supplements.
Steroid abuse will always result in either irreversible or dangerous side effects. Some are listed below.
- Retention of fluid and severe acne
- Impairment and even failure of the kidneys
- Enhanced chances of you suffering from heart attack or stroke
- Damage of the liver
- Fluctuations in the blood cholesterol
- Problems related to cardiovascular health
- Increase in the blood pressure
- Enlargement in the size of the heart
Side Effects that are Gender Specific
The side effects will be gender specific and affects people in different way.
- The side effects in men include infertility or reduction in the sperm count, testicular atrophy, Gynecomastia, male pattern baldness and finally the risk of prostate cancer.
- The side effects in teenagers include stunted growth, speed up in the changes that occur during puberty, adolescent growth spurt or reduction in the chances of reaching the right height (like the mother or the father in the family)
- The side effects in women include male-pattern baldness, growth of facial hair, changes and even complete stopping of menstrual cycle at improper age, clitoral enlargement, voice deepening like men, etc.
For more information, you can visit the website https://steroidly.com/are-steroids-bad-for-you/.